We are very pleased to announce that a monthly Men’s Group is now available with the Vancouver Eating Disorder Clinic! Space is limited to six participants. Sign up today!
Next Session: September 8th., 2015. Tuesday, 6-7:15 p.m.
Location: Vancouver Eating Disorder Clinic – 2628 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
Cost: $50 per person/per session (introductory rate)
We will create a supportive, safe setting for discussion and learning through a strengths-based approach. Topics will include those identified by participants. Other topics may include: quality of life/enjoyment, recreation/leisure, coping skills, body image, self-awareness, symptom reduction, building supports and nutrition.
The goals of the Men’s Group are to explore and improve the quality of life of each participant.
Principles for the Men’s Group Session:
- The group is expected to evolve based on the pace and content that participants feel most comfortable with.
- The group is limited to six participants initially.
- Pre-registration is required for each session and participants may choose to attend any number of sessions though are not required to join more than one session at a time.
- Any feelings or concerns can be discussed further in an individual session with your Group Leader, Therapist or Dietitian.
- New participants are encouraged to register a minimum of a few days in advance, so that the group facilitator and new member can schedule a brief 10 minutes phone session in advance. This is optional and included in the group fee. To date, participants find this brief call helpful.
*Please Note: Confidentiality will be agreed to be maintained by all group members and facilitators.
Paul Gallant will be facilitating/co-facilitating sessions.
We welcome any questions. Please contact Paul Gallant at 604.999.9164 for questions or to sign-up. Feel free to submit any questions via the contact/registration form as well.